Monday, April 27, 2009

41 Days left

    I know this is sort of different but go with me. I didn't have time to update for yesterday so I am posting and pretending it was yesterday. Brad and I finished up our 30 hour famine weekend. After playing for the adult service and having dinner with Brad's brother's family, we said our goodbyes and were off. On the way home, I caught up on some more homework. BTW, all men need to read, If Only He Knew by Gary Smalley. The information in this book has challenged me in many times while reading it. I am learning more and more that the way I see Kelley act is a direct result of how I am responding to her. I knew this as head knowledge but it is know becoming heart knowledge. So on the way home, Brad listened while I read chapters 5 and 6 of the book. Reading this book gives me such a desire to learn how to love and honor Kelley more and more each and every day!

    After Brad and I got back, Kelley and I started to head home. We needed to pick up a few things so we went to my parents house, stayed for a while and then left. On the way home, I was trying to figure out why I was not wanting to talk or do anything. Then God showed me what was happening. Kelley and I had run ourselves to the bone with things to do seperately instead of together. This was mainly in the ministering part of our relationship. Also, we hadn't been taking a day out of the week to completely rest. So I decided after talking with Kelley to make it a point to start doing ministry that we can do completely together. We also decided to make one of our days off (Tuesday) a complete day of rest. Please pray that God will give us a ministry that we can do together in everyway. Know for today...it has only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment